Location: Washington DC
DPR Construction is seeking a Social Responsibility Manager to plan, coordinate, and promote DPR’s mission. This individual will develop internal and external partnerships, lead training and implementation to maximize participation of diverse businesses including minority, women, veteran, disabled, and LGBT small business in all aspects of our business. The Inclusion & Diversity Coordinator will also report performance to internal and external stakeholders; develop and coordinate programs to increase connections and opportunities for emerging contractors; and partner with business unit leaders to achieve our local diversity and inclusion ambitions to ensure alignment with DPR's strategic goals and mission. Other duties will include working with youth and local schools as well as local workforce and community organizations. Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Leading diverse subcontractor, vendor, and supplier tracking and reporting effort, developing a plan and process to be able to report our participation of small, minority, women, veterans, LGBT, disabled businesses by project, core market, year, and business unit based on current information.
- Expanding on comprehensive trade contractor outreach program to include diverse local businesses that reflect the community. Increasing qualified pool of diverse businesses in our trade contractor database.
- Assisting trade contractors with the pre-qualification process, annual renew, and expiring small/diverse business certifications.
- Maintaining our trade contractor database.
- Helping with trade contractor communication on projects, especially those with specific requirements for participation or minimum qualified bidders.
- Enhancing processes and best practices for on-boarding diverse subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers. Enhancing processes and best practices for including women and minorities in craft positions and trades.
- Facilitating trade contractor outreach events. Customizing outreach events for diverse subcontractors, suppliers, and vendors.
- Identifying and developing relationships with future HUB Protégé or JV partners (causing increased interaction at the business unit leadership level with protégé leadership). Developing and assisting with best in class Mentor Programs.
- Participating and integrating into the business development process (interviews, key pursuit proposals, etc.).
- Developing and deploying training/workshops for diverse subcontractors, supplier, and vendors. Collaborating with various members of the team to develop trainings/workshop in partnership with local diverse community organizations on a range of topics. Developing relationships with SCORE, SBDC, and other local organizations that provide resources, coaching, and services to small businesses.
- Facilitating the alignment of DPR leadership with client needs/diversity managers from both private and public sectors and community stakeholders.
- Working internally to advance DPR’s internal D&I efforts. Providing support and assistance for Women Who Build Employee Resource Group (ERG).
- Championing inclusion and diversity efforts within the industry (sponsorship of events, DPR participation in diverse ethnic chambers of commerce and business organizations, etc.).
- Establishing and maintaining long-term relationships with diverse ethnic chambers of commerce and business and workforce development organizations.
- Identifying key local workforce development organizations that support the training and placement of women, minorities, and under-served individuals to gain entry or sponsorship into the trades. Establishing and maintaining long-term relationships and partnerships.
- Developing, executing, and communicating comprehensive diversity plans at the regional level for each Business Unit that reflect DPR’s commitment towards best in class practices for inclusive project opportunities that reflect the communities where we build and live.
- Developing long-term relationships and partnerships with targeted/specified local schools K-12 to develop interactive workshops, development of curriculum, coordinate class room presentations, job site visits, Career Days, summer internships for select rising seniors, etc.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Experience working within diverse communities is a plus.
- Self-starter, excellent time management and project management skills.
- Excellent listening skills. Strong communication and public speaking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders, navigate complexities, find common ground and build consensus.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to understand, communicate with and effectively interact with people across different cultures.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues. Proactive problem-solving skills.
- Effective participation in team environment. Ability to work with team members at all levels of the organization, partner with and influence team members to enhance inclusive business and operational best practices.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to generate statistical reports.
- 2+ years of related experience in a similar role with demonstrated success in relevant areas including diversity and community organizing.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus, but not required.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.