Location: Baltimore, MD
DPR Construction is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager with 5+ years of commercial construction experience to join our team in Baltimore, MD . The quality assurance manager will work closely with all members of the project team (project managers, engineers, superintendents and project accountants.) Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Review of contract documents (drawings, specifications, engineering reports, etc.).
- Development of a quality control (QC) program that incorporates the specification requirements and goals of the project, such as installed work checklists, benchmarks and mock-ups.
- Review and evaluate the QC programs of DPR subcontractors.
- Manage the implementation of the project’s QC plan and assure compliance with it by the subcontractors completing the work.
- Conducting regular meetings and issuing minutes.
- Review of the specifications and project submittals.
- Inspection of installed work.
- Training for jobsite personnel on QC issues.
- Development and management of defective items.
- Resolve complex quality-related issues in the field by working with the design team, subcontractors, and inspectors.
- Coordinate inspection activities with the third-party inspectors and government agencies.
- Participate as a member of the start-up and commissioning team for MEP and low voltage systems.
- Professionally represent DPR as an interface with owner, design team, and subcontractors.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- 5+ years of experience as a quality assurance manager within the construction industry.
- OSHPD/healthcare experience is a plus.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
- This position is salaried.