Location: Washington DC
DPR Construction is seeking an MEP coordinator with at least 5 years of commercial construction experience. This individual will be ultimately responsible for the day-to-day coordination of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire/life safety and fire sprinkler scopes of a project. MEP coordinators will work closely with all members of the project team, project executives and regional leadership teams and will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the owner-architect interface and planning and installation for electrical, HVAC, controls, plumbing, process piping, fire/life safety, and fire protection design/construction coordination (validated and non-validated systems).
- Responsible for providing construction support for MEP systems and will oversee the balancing, commissioning and validation certification of these systems, including the turnover package.
- Assist in the development of full commissioning plans for all MEP systems that identify and define the following: all test requirements, required inspections, factory start-up of major equipment, factory acceptance testing, project and vendor documentation requirements, and integrated test plans demonstrating full system operations.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Strong grasp of mechanical and electrical engineering concepts.
- Ability to run complex meetings with multiple attendees, issues minutes promptly and follow up with participants for deliverables.
- Good understanding of fire/life safety and fire sprinkler systems and the integration of same with mechanical/electrical/building systems.
- Good understanding of test and balance requirements.
- Good understanding of direct digital controls installations/integration.
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Ability to create and support team morale.
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, and good understanding of scheduling.
- 5+ years of experience as a MEP coordinator, preferably within DPR’s core markets.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred but not required.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
- This job is salaried.