Location: Redwood City, CA
DPR Construction is seeking superintendent with at least 5 years of commercial construction experience. Previous experience is required within DPR’s core market projects – life sciences; healthcare; higher education; corporate office and advanced technology.
Superintendents will work closely with all members of the project team and supervise all craft employees. They will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee, manage, and mentor assistant superintendents.
- Create construction schedules, perform regular updates, monitor logic relationships, and insert new activities and impacts.
- Coordinate jobsite logistics and maintain relationships with neighboring occupants.
- Negotiate with authorities having jurisdiction to achieve project occupancy milestones.
- Lead DPR’s injury-free environment safety program.
- Coordinate subcontractor work scopes, scheduling, and resource-loading in conjunction with DPR’s self-perform work crews.
- Foster the development of foreman to grow into future superintendents.
- Professionally represent DPR field operations as primary interface with owner and design team.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines.The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Effective participation in a team environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (Prolog or similar), and scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- 5+ years of experience as a commercial construction superintendent, preferably within DPR’s core market projects.Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
- This position is salaried.