Team Assistant - Preconstruction
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posted Nov 3, 2023
1. Hiring Location: Frankfurt (local – not remote). Opportunity to visit other DPR EU locations (Amsterdam, Zurich).
2. Administratively strong support of the EU Estimating / Precon Team. (NOT an actual Estimating function!)
3. Technical background or skillset is NOT required.
4. Construction related background encouraged / preferred but not a deal breaker.
5. Abilities + key character traits:
- a. Self-starter & self-motivated, possess eagerness, takes Ownership of tasks and brings them to conclusion.
- b. Fluent in German, proficient in English (at minimum)
- c. Proficiency in complete Microsoft Suit products
- d. Ability to handle multiple tasks and project needs, understanding time sensitivity of critical activities.
- e. Has attention to detail.
- f. Excellent communicator & Team player, and customer service skills
- g. Ability to communicate well to our supply chain – often will have the initial contact, so especially important to engage with a positive attitude.
6. Supply Chain Liaison:
- a. Active support EU key contact of PQQ process, working with subcontractors to help navigate the process, working closely with VConstruct throughout.
- b. Keep internal database of subcontractors updated with relevant updates – key contact people changing, etc.
- c. Develop in-depth knowledge of local supply chain (in liaison with Estimators) – eventually develop skillset to create pursuit specific Tender Tracker with proposed subs for an RFP to be reviewed with Pursuit Team to determine bidder pool.
- d. Frequent communication to supply chain during a tender and keep the team informed. Be the first initial contact for questions and forward any on to Estimators that are scope specific inquiries. Be in the know who is offering and who declined etc.
7. Maintain Pursuit Tender Tracker Document to keep updated in “real-time” throughout the Pursuit process: Who declined to bid? Who accepted? When is someone expecting to submit by?
8. Drive accountability for Estimators - to help them organize and stay on track, keep critical deadlines on forefront: What trade partners needs something from us, have we communicated tender results to market after Pursuit closes? (under support of Precon Lead & Pursuit Managers).
9. Assist with creating bid tally templates for each bid scope.
10. Subcontracting Exhibits – understand them, know where the most current templates / versions are, assist with creating project specific Exhibits to send to subcontractors (in liaison with Risk Group / Commercial Team)
11. Management of Document Control and distribution process throughout the entire Pursuit effort:
- a. Document control of upstream documents: What have we / are we receiving from the Owner. Keep track of all documents, create (or work with VConstruct) to create Document List and ensure all documents are accessible for the team.
- b. Document control of downstream documents: Set up tender management, working with Software (SBN / 12Build / etc.) to distribute bid documents to supply chain, keep track of who is offering, and by when. Gather any tender RFI's from supply chain during tender process, work closely with Pursuit Manager to be aware of critical deadlines to submit to Owner.
- c. Document control of all critical Pursuit documents – subcontractor offers, revisions, conversations, etc.
- d. Management, tracking and organizing of NDA’s.
- e. Assist with any required document translation (will have full use of DEEPL PRO account)
- f. If project is won – be an integral part in creating project turnover documentation to project Ops Team (with Estimator’s).
12. Document Control of General Preconstruction Resources folder structure – maintain templates, update versions, liaise with EU Risk Management and in touch with National Precon Team documentation to update documents as required to keep relevant.
13. Career growth opportunity to develop and learn fundamental estimating skills (quantity take-offs, reviewing documents etc.)
14. Database maintenance of historic project tender efforts, working with leading VConstruct in this (who did we invite, who responded, who was awarded (if project was awarded).
Not for you?
Return to all open positions.