Roll Former Operator | Manufacturing Technician - Digital Building Components
Posted Sep 29, 2023
Digital Building Components (PHX), a part of the DPR family of companies, is looking for a Roll Form Operator that will be responsible for setup, operation, maintenance, and quality of production for our roll forming line. Uses a variety of machines and shop tools such as wrenches, feeler gages, and computerized controls for the roll former. Also uses band saws, drills, grinders, gauges, and material handling devices while performing additional work as steel saw operator.
- Maintains setup charts for all sets of roll form tooling.
- Performs tooling setup and line changeover on roll form machine to produce roll form cross sections to print specifications.
- Performs setup/equipment adjustments as necessary to maintain dimensional tolerances of cross sections being produced.
- Performs routine/scheduled maintenance on all roll form line equipment, keeping a log of all maintenance performed.
- Trains other employees in basic roll form operation and support function.
- Reads basic blueprints and sketches to fabricate metal components.
- Sets up and operates machines to produce specified components. Makes minor machine adjustments to insure satisfactory production.
- Operates equipment under strict safety requirements.
- Manage machine operators to set up machine, and stack, mark, pack, and transport finished work pieces.
- Properly fill out coil tags, ensuring footage is correct to aid with inventory.
- Check panel for quality, width, and length.
- Forklift experience (2 years)
Education and Experience:
- 3 years of manufacturing experience.
- Lifts up to 50 lbs. and pushes heavy materials around factory. Requires skill and dexterity in the operation of machines and tools. Wears protective goggles, gloves, etc.
- Requires mechanical aptitude and machine skill acquired through trade school or related experience.
- Must have prior machine operator experience (roll forming a plus)
Not for you?
Return to all open positions.