Superintendent - Concrete
Redwood City, CA • San Francisco, CA
Posted Nov 15, 2022
DPR Construction is seeking a self-perform concrete superintendent with at least 5 years of commercial concrete construction experience. Previous experience is required within cast-in-place building foundations, parking structures, and mid-rise to high rise construction. Superintendents work closely with all members of the project team and supervise all craft employees. They will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee, manage, and mentor assistant superintendents, foremen, and project engineers.
- Create construction schedules, perform regular updates, monitor logic relationships, and insert new activities and impacts. P6, Smartsheet, Excel are forms of schedules expected of this role. Desire to learn scheduling software unknown, is necessary.
- Assist with procurement and fabrication of formwork systems to be most cost effective and productive.
- Coordinate jobsite logistics and maintain relationships with project site teams.
- Lead DPR’s injury-free environment safety program, by example.
- Coordinate concrete subcontractor work scopes, scheduling, and resource-loading in conjunction with DPR’s self-perform work crews. Coordinate and communicate these efforts in alignment with site team’s Superintendent’s plans and schedules
- Foster the development of foreman to grow into future superintendents.
- Professionally represent DPR field operations as primary interface with site teams, owner and design team.
- Oversee and manage production to budgeted expectations
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Driven to continuously improve and build great things
- Driven to coach and mentor others to make the team successful.
- Experience in self-perform concrete projects preferred.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Effective participation in a team environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (Prolog or similar), and scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- 8+ years of experience as a commercial concrete construction superintendent, preferably within DPR’s core market projects. Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required.
- A strong work ethic and winning mindset is a must.
- Great team player and leader
- This position is salaried.