Estimator - Concrete
Posted Sep 16, 2022
DPR Construction is seeking a concrete estimator to work within our self-perform concrete group. The ideal candidate will possess at least 5 years experience in commercial construction, specifically specializing in concrete construction. Experience with projects in our core markets of healthcare, advanced technology, biopharmaceutical, corporate office and higher education is a plus. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Engage in preconstruction efforts for DPR self-perform concrete scope of work.
- Produce complete and detailed estimates for many different project and contract types, each requiring unique attention to details and extensive communication with the project teams.
- Create proposals with detailed specific clarifications, inclusions and exclusions.
- Read and interpret bid documents, construction plans, schedules and specifications.
- Provide constructability comments and creative construction alternatives. Attend architect and owner meetings for review of costs and ideas to bring projects in on budget.
- Handle multiple project estimates on tight deadlines.
- Track project data for historical productions and costs.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess: The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics and skills:
- Must share DPR core values: integrity, enjoyment, uniqueness, and being ever forward.
- Strong work ethic that delivers on promises.
- Must lead by example: be accountable, reliable and organized.
- Team player that seeks and accepts performance feedback.
- Flexible, detail-oriented individual with the ability to manage multiple estimates while consistently producing quality results and meeting deadlines.
- Solid understanding of concrete construction procedures.
- Experienced in estimating labor, materials, equipment, general conditions, and risk.
- Proficient in On Center estimating software: On-Screen Takeoff, Quick Bid, and DPC.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in Bluebeam.
- This position is salaried.