Sr. Superintendent - Concrete
Posted Sep 16, 2022
Senior superintendents are expected to have a minimum of 10 years experience; preferably within DPR's core markets. Superintendents work closely with all members of the project team and supervise all craft employees. Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Oversee, manage, and mentor project superintendents and assistant superintendents.
- Participate during the proposal and pre-construction phase of a project to develop a project plan and validate overall schedule duration.
- Lead a collaborative field planning process through the use of short interval planning and production tracking.
- Create construction schedules, perform regular updates, monitor logic relationships, and insert new activities and impacts.
- Coordinate jobsite logistics and maintain relationships with neighboring occupants.
- Negotiate with authorities having jurisdiction to achieve project occupancy milestones.
- Lead DPR’s injury-free environment safety program.
- Coordinate subcontractor work scopes, scheduling, and resource-loading in conjunction with DPR’s self-perform work crews.
- Foster the development of foreman to grow into future superintendents.
- Professionally represent DPR field operations as primary interface with owner and design team.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
Knowledge and understanding of self-perform construction, specifically from a concrete scope
Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
Effective participation in a team environment.
Ideally full ABC license.
Construction supervisor license.
Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (Prolog or similar), and scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
10+ years of experience as a commercial construction superintendent, preferably within DPR’s core market projects.
A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
This position is salaried.