Assistant Superintendent - Doors, Frames & Hardware
Posted Sep 14, 2022
DPR Construction is seeking an assistant superintendent with at least 2 years of commercial construction experience or 2 years of higher education in a construction-based educational program for local commercial construction projects. This individual will work specifically within DPR's self-perform doors, frames & hardware group.
Assistant superintendents will work closely with all members of the project team and will assist with the supervision of all craft employees. They will be responsible for the following:
- Creation of construction schedules ,performing regular schedule updates, monitor logic relationships, add new work items into the schedule and reflect resulting schedule impacts.
- Assist with the coordination of jobsite logistics and maintain relationships with adjacent building teams and subcontractors.
- Lead DPR’s injury-free environment safety program by setting a good example and fostering safe work behavior.
- Assist with the coordination of subcontractor work scopes, scheduling, and resource-loading.
- Professionally represent DPR field operations as a regular interface with the joint venture team, subcontractors, and the U.S.Army Corps of Engineers.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks ,produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Effective participation in team environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, and a willingness to learn project management software (Prolog or similar), and scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- 2+ years of experience foreman/lead in commercial construction, preferably withinDPR’s core market projects, or 2 or more years of higher education in a construction based curriculum.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
- A strong desire to learn and grow as a manager of field operations, working under the supervision of a superintendent.
- This position is salaried.