Senior Project Accountant
Posted Sep 14, 2022
DPR Construction is seeking a senior project accountant with at least 8 years of commercial construction accounting experience. This individual will be ultimately responsible for day-to-day accounting of project financials. Senior project accountants will work closely with all members of the project team - project managers, engineers, superintendents and field office coordinators. Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Manage and lead other project accounting team members.
- Mentor and train team members for fast-paced growth development and apply DPR’s people practices.
- Project accounting including preparing owner draws, collection and subcontractor compliance.
- Creation and analysis of financial reports.
- Journal entries and job costs for projects.
- Assist with strategic planning/forecasting of project financials.
- Cash management and reporting.
- Possibility of managing accounting teams of 2-3 employees.
- Assist with project audits.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, accounting cost management software (CMIC or similar).
- 8+ years of experience as an accountant, preferably within the construction industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field or CCIFP.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
- This job is salaried.