Tampa, FL • Orlando, FL
Posted Sep 15, 2022
DPR is currently looking for a Project Scheduler. Scheduling will be of commercial projects within our core markets: Healthcare, Advanced Technology, Life Sciences, Higher Education and Corporate Office. Schedulers will work closely with Superintendents, Project Managers, Estimators and Regional Leadership teams and will be responsible for the following:
- Ability to grow capacity of team members on planning & scheduling best practices.
- Ability to motivate and build trust amongst project teams during planning sessions.
- Facilitate collaborative planning sessions with DPR project team, subcontractors, designers, and stakeholders to get input for sequencing, manpower and durations, as it relates to overall project milestones.
- Develop contract (baseline) schedule and maintain contract schedule updates with project teams.
- Help teams manage preconstruction planning, design development, bid / buy-out, long lead procurement items, construction sequences, startup, testing & commissioning.
- Support Resource loading, Crew logic, Cost loading, & Variance report as required.
- Coordinate with and include subcontractor schedule input and perspectives when applicable.
- Ability to integrate the schedule and BIM model using 4D tools is a plus.
- Provide risk management input on key schedule milestones.
- Alert entire project team, including owner, to potential problem areas or deviations from the plan. Assist in development of recovery plans, mitigation options, or delay analysis.
- Create variance reports, graphics, and narratives to highlight issues or conflicts.
- Create visual references / diagrams / graphics using schedule data to further describe the project plan, current status, and upcoming scopes of work.
- Ability to help guide teams with vertical alignment between the P6 schedule and any outside form of detailed tracking such as procurement logs or level 4 & 5 commitment based construction tools.
- Understanding of CPM, LBMS and Takt scheduling theory, level of detail, and execution.
- Experience with Smartsheet is a plus.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- 3+ years of experience as a Scheduler, preferably within DPR’s Core Market projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field; or equivalent field experience.
- Oracle Primavera P6 experience.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- A flexible, detailed-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, work with diverse personalities & work styles, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines.
- This position is salaried.