Location: Redwood City, California
Project Lead (Civil Engineer) (Job #RWC.C.06)
DPR Construction is seeking a Project Lead Engineer (Civil Engineer) for our DPR office located in Redwood City, CA. (May work at DPR offices and project sites in San Francisco Bay Area (San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Monterey, Santa Cruz, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, Sonoma, and Solano counties).
The Project Lead (Civil Engineer) leads the day-to-day operations of commercial construction projects with special emphasis on the construction of Healthcare and Advanced Technology facilities. By working on the project from the design stage to completion, the Project Lead/Civil Engineer maintains hands-on knowledge of the project scope. S/he works closely with all members of the project team, Project Executive(s), and Regional Leadership teams. Working within the Self Perform Work (SPW) model, the Project Lead/Civil Engineer is responsible and accountable for the following:
- Identification and resolution of complex construction and/or business issues, including building processes, materials, and systems;
- Providing technical engineering advice regarding design, construction, or project modifications to managerial personnel;
- Scheduling, and monitoring progress and timely project completion;
- Cost estimating, budgeting, and forecasting for the project;
- Cost control, billing oversight, collections, change order management, and monthly status reports;
- Conformance to design specifications and to safety and construction standards;
- Coordination of onsite project team members including Project Engineers, Estimators, Superintendents, and Field Office Coordinators;
- Liaison with Owner and Architect;
- Mentorship and training of Project Engineers;
- Responsible for the day-to-day coordination of all Mechanical, Electrical and Piping (MEP) of a particular project.
The successful candidate will possess:
MS in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or closely related field
3 years of experience in job offered or a civil engineering position in the commercial construction industry.
(Alternate Education and Experience Requirements: BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a closely related field, and 5 years of post-baccalaureate, progressive experience in job offered or a civil engineering position in the commercial construction industry.)
Special Skills Requirements:
2 years of experience with the following:
- Design and/or construction of Healthcare and Advanced Technology facilities;
- Working within the SPW model for commercial construction projects, including Basic Knowledge, Track Productivity, and Understand Risks;
- Coordinating MEP for commercial construction projects;
- Document Control Management of RFIs, Submittals, and Drawing Updates;
- Project Change Process, including Identify, Assemble, Expedite approval;
- Procurement, including Long Lead Management, prepare scopes, assess pricing, and issue subcontracts;
- Constructability reviews, including Planning and Scheduling, and Field Knowledge.
Contact: DPR Human Resources ([email protected]), or submit resume below. Applicants must reference Job #RWC.C.06.
Contact: DPR Human Resources
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé.