Location: Tampa, Florida
DPR Construction is seeking an Estimator with at least 5+ years of commercial construction experience with tenant improvements and renovations. . SSG projects generally range from $1-3M, and up to $20M. Healthcare background strongly preferred.
The Estimator will work as integral part of our pre-construction team, primarily on negotiated commercial projects within our core markets. We are seeking a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The Estimator will work closely with Architects, Engineers, Owners, and Subcontractors. The desired candidate will have experience preparing detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or feasibility level documentation.
- Must have experience preparing detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or feasibility level documentation.
- Ability to prepare detailed estimate updates, as the design evolves, including preparing variance summaries between estimates.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction cost.
- Ability to prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specifications clarifications and comprehensive bid packages.
- Ability to understand and negotiate SPW work.
- Must have experience writing and negotiating subcontracts.
- Must be prepared to participate and often lead the preparation and presentation of cost / budget information to the Customer / Owner.
- Willingness and desire to actively participate in Value Engineering sessions with the project team and design team.
- Must have experience being a member of the team involved in Request for Proposal Responses (RFP’s) and the formal presentation for a project.
- Can develop business with new and existing Customers.
- Superior communication skills to include verbal, written, and listening ability
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Effective participation in a team environment
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Estimating software (WinEst or similar), Project Management software (Prolog or similar), and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- 5+ years of experience as a Commercial Construction Estimator, preferably within DPR’s Core Market projects.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
Who We Are:
DPR Construction exists to build great things. We are a company of builders building great projects, great relationships, great teams, and a truly great company with smart people and strong values. We combine our experience on some of the most complex projects in our core markets spanning healthcare, higher education, commercial construction, mission critical, and life sciences with the flexibility and responsiveness of a regional project manager and builder. DPR has been continually recognized as one of the top 50 contractors in the US; an industry leader needs individual leaders. As an employee-owned organization that relies on the contributions of the whole, DPR places a premium on finding and developing the right people. We welcome individuals who share our core values and demonstrate a true passion for what they do in the office or field.
*For immediate consideration please apply with a copy of your resume detailing your current/future state of residence and any relocation requirements if applicable. Submissions submitted without a resume will not be considered.
Contact: DPR Southeast Careers
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé.