Location: Redwood City, California
Concrete Construction Engineer Project Lead (Job # RWC.CC.01)
DPR Construction is seeking a Concrete Construction Engineer Project Lead (Civil Engineer) for our DPR office located in Redwood City, California. May work at DPR offices and project sites in San Francisco Bay Area (San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Marin, Alameda, Contra Costa, Napa, Sonoma, and Solano counties).
Under the supervision of the Project Executive, the Concrete Construction Engineer Project Lead (Civil Engineer) assists in the planning and design of commercial construction projects, with a focus on Self Perform Concrete Construction. Utilizing engineering principles and knowledge of commercial construction best practices, is responsible for the day to day execution and project guidance of commercial concrete projects within the areas of Healthcare, Advanced Technology, Life Sciences, and Corporate Office facilities. Works closely with Project Team members, Subcontractors, and Vendors.
- Work with estimators and assist with design and constructability reviews on projects currently in preconstruction.
- Weekly quantity update and review of job cost reports.
- Issue RFI’s.
- Issue subcontract agreements and purchase orders as needed to assist Concrete Estimator.
- Work closely with project team members, including Project engineers, Superintendents, and Foreman.
- Maintain real time, complete knowledge of Project Scope.
- Monthly project billings.
- Oversee Change issues, including pricing and maintenance of a change order log.
- Ownership of cost estimating, budgeting and forecasting.
- Accountable for project completion and financials, Critical Success Factors, Customer Satisfaction Results.
- Assist Concrete Estimator and Superintendent in project buyout and material procurement.
- Understand Owner Contracts as they relate to Self-Perform Work (SPW).
- Conduct weekly safety audits.
- Work with estimators and project teams to identify potential areas of SPW.
- Compile project turnover binders for all projects.
- Review and process submittals and shop drawings.
- SPW MSR monthly updates.
- Develop site specific quality control plans and quality control posters.
- Maintain project documents and distribute to project teams.
- Participate in project job walks.
- Review and assist the Superintendent in development of project schedules and 3 week schedules.
- Assist with monthly hours and labor projections.
- Complete quality control checks of formwork, mix designs and layout;
- Aid in field layout for the concrete scope of work;
- Help develop shop drawings to be used in construction;
- Track quantity complete and production rates to project job costs;
- Enter time craft time and coding of material/equipment invoices.
The successful candidate will possess:
MS in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, or related, plus 3 years of experience in the job offered or in a civil engineering position within Concrete Construction in the commercial construction industry; or BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering or related, plus 5 years of post-baccalaureate, progressive experience in job offered or in a civil engineering position within Concrete Construction in the commercial construction industry.
One year of experience with each of the following: Microsoft Office Suite; Project management software (CMiC PM or Prolog); Project scheduling software (Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, or Autodesk BIM 360 Plan); Concrete formwork and design.
Contact: DPR Human Resources ([email protected]), or submit resume below. Applicants must reference Job # RWC.CC.01.
Contact: DPR Human Resources
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé.