Based on site at one of our large projects in the Bay Area region. You will be overseeing a Cost Engineer and Administrative Staff who will be undertaking the day to day transactional side of project controls. Although this is a managerial position, you will be expected to dig into the detail to resolve issues as well. You will be advising the Project Executives, Project Managers and Project Engineers on all cost issues, reports and strategy, you will be expected to develop project specific strategies, process and procedures to address the needs of the project as it evolves over time and ensure verticality with the Prime Contract. You will also need to interact and review data required of and produced by subcontractors for the project and be able to summarize so Project Management may be able to see and review such information. In addition to this you will have a client facing role, meeting regularly with the Owners site based Project Managers and also the Owners Project Controls Manager as and when he or she visits site for financial reviews. You will need to have, or gain within 4 months highly functional usage skills of CMIC, our project management, job cost and accounting Oracle based software application.
Specific Organizational Duties.
- Provide independent, objective advice to support the project team.
- Specialize in monitoring, tracking and analysis of budgets and costs.
- Statistical analysis that provides an indication of project health, trends and potential risks and opportunities.
- Produce and present to the owner the external monthly report.
- Develop and manage the change order process.
- Support and advise the Project Accountant at billing time.
- Check and test cost related information and data.
- Provide on-site training (DPR best practices etc.).
- Dispute prevention & on site dispute resolution.
- Produce the internal Monthly Status Report (MSR).
- Oversee subcontract account management.
Regular detailed deliverables and tasks.
- Forecasting, Labor, Material, Equipment & Other (LMEO), Non Allowable Costs and cash-flow.
- Owner Reporting, project metrics, graphs, tracking logs.
- Monitor CMiC (our project database) for accuracy, maintenance. Housekeeping and compare with Owners financial records.
- ROM & Budgeting Q.C.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for MEP and other key trades.
- Communicate best practices to the team.
- Hold on site training & workshops as needs arise.
- Change management, QC. Change Orders compiled by PM’s & PE’s.
- Forward, negotiate and resolve Change Orders with Owner for entitlement and $ value.
- Track funding sources and there draw downs (actual v planned) provide graphical representatives.
- Provide Contract administration advice on change orders, billing, payments and time related issues.
- Ensure governance and contract compliance.
- Resolve disputed or potential disputed changes for scope and entitlement with the owner and sub-contractors.
- Provide checks and balances for all cost related matters.
- QC of final billing package prior to issue to owner and train staff on reviewing sub-contractor billings.
- Manage, forecast & monitor Owner Allowances Contingencies & DPR cost to complete.
- Review, identify surplus funds or short falls in Contract Sum.
- Open discussions with the Project Executives & then the Owner where savings or shortfalls are trending.
- Liaise with Scheduling resource to discuss the relationship between schedule updates and costs, check the relevant change orders are being entered into the schedule.
- Assist with developing and structuring document control.
- Assist the PX in the preparation of notices under the contract.
- Devise or improve the Project Controls filing structure.
- Assess team members training needs, set goals and targets.
- Conduct technical meetings for internal and external representatives.
- Participate in staff appraisals.
Skill Sets Required.
- Proficient user of CMiC PM or similar project management software / cost database.
- Proficient user of word and excel essential.
- A good understanding of construction systems and sequence of construction.
- Experienced in management of teams or individual staff members.
- Good leadership, communication and negotiation skills essential.
- Ability to chair and keep meetings on track.
- Technical and business writing skills essential.
- Basic General Contractor accounting practices.
- Working knowledge of construction insurances.
- High work ethic.
- 10 years of experience desired including large, multi-phased construction projects.
- General Contracting experience required, owner experience an advantage.
- Complex external reporting.
- Mission critical experience preferable but not essential.
- Guaranteed Maximum Price knowledge and practice.
- Mature client facing ability.
- AIA contract knowledge.
- Bachelors’ degree preferably in construction or engineering.
- PMP – optional.
- AACE membership- optional.
Contact: DPR Northwest Careers
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé.