DPR Construction is seeking an Estimator with at least 5+ years of commercial construction experience for our Bay Area region.
Estimators will work primarily on negotiated commercial projects within our core markets. Estimators will work closely with Architects, Engineers, Owners, and Subcontractors and are required to have the following skills:
- Must have experience preparing detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or feasibility level documentation.
- Ability to prepare detailed estimate updates, as the design evolves, including preparing variance summaries between estimates.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction cost.
- Ability to prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific clarifications and comprehensive bid packages.
- Ability to understand and negotiate SPW work.
- Must have experience writing and negotiating subcontracts.
- Must be prepared to participate and often lead the preparation and presentation of cost / budget information to the Customer / Owner.
- Willingness and desire to actively participate in Value Engineering sessions with the project team and design team.
- Must have experience being a member of the team involved in Request for Proposal Responses (RFP’s) and the formal presentation for a project.
- Has the ability to develop business with new and existing Customers.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Effective participation in team environment
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Estimating software (WinEst or similar), Project Management software (Prolog or similar), and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- 5+ years of experience as a Commercial Construction Estimator, preferably within DPR’s Core Market projects.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
Contact: DPR Northwest Careers
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé.