Location: Washington, D.C.
This position located in our Reston VA Regional Office and part of the Data and Development Team.
As a Power BI Developer, you will be responsible for Collecting, Summarizing, analyzing data and provide Dashboards/Reports for internal customers within DPR. These Dashboards and Reports are used for making business critical decisions and measuring results.
- Collect, summarize, analyze data and to provide reports for departments to utilize in decision making and measuring results.
- Create queries to provide ad hoc reports, analysis, and datasets based on business needs.
- Trouble shoot data issues, validate result sets, recommend and implement process improvements.
- Create basic and advanced reports, dashboards, and KPI scorecards using Microsoft BI stack (Power BI, DataZen, SSRS).
- Experience with Power BI, MDX, DAX and TSQL
- Knowledge of ETL data cleansing, data quality, and standardization techniques
- Ability to translate business reporting requirements into a production report.
- Create report mockups and templates from business requirements when necessary.
- Understand and query disparate database sources, including relational structures, dimensional data marts/models and cubes.
- Design and architect schema layer objects for report development
- Work collaboratively in a small, cross-functional team.
- Create/Maintain custom visuals and use them in Dashboard/Reports.
- Consume Power BI API to build visuals.
- Analyze, prioritize, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues.
- Actively participates in the on-going development, maintenance and improvement of a comprehensive Knowledge Base/FAQ repository
- Takes the initiative to work with other cross functional teams to solve business problems.
- Provides training for relevant DPR solutions and technologies
- Participates in the research of new technologies in a QA environment, as time and responsibilities permit
- Qualified applicants should have a BS in Computer Science/Information technology or related field
- 4+ years’ experience in a business intelligence, SSRS, Tableau
- 1+ years’ experience with Power BI
- Demonstrable skills in data visualization
- Comfortable programing in at least one language
- Expert knowledge of TSQL
- Strong background with TSQL, Views, Stored Procedures, Databases
- Master of using Excel and Data components in Excel
- Experience with Power BI is a must.
- Thorough understanding of Power BI stack (Dashboarding, Reporting, Gateways, Deployment process, DAX, MDX, Custom Scripting).
- Thorough understanding of Power Query, Power Pivot, and Power View.
- Good understanding of Power BI API’s and ability to write code to consume the Power BI API’s.
- Embraces DPR’s purpose and core values:
DPR exists to build great things.
Integrity. We conduct all business with the highest standards of honesty and fairness; we can be trusted.
Enjoyment. We believe work should be fun and intrinsically satisfying; if we are not enjoying ourselves, we are doing something wrong.
Uniqueness. We must be different from and more progressive than all other construction companies; we stand for something.
Ever Forward. We believe in continual self-initiated change, improvement, learning and the advancement of standards for their own sake.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change
- Must be a TEAM PLAYER
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills required to interact with colleagues and internal customers.
- Ability to work effectively with others who are in remote locations and varying time zones
- Ability to work effectively with others to identify impact on the company’s business processes, other applications, network, etc.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Resourceful creative approach to problem solving is expected
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivation to continually learn and take on added responsibilities while maintaining a positive attitude
- Develop expertise in each skill area exposed to
- Judgment – knowing how to respond to a problem in a manner consistent with the company’s primary interest
- Planning – Looks ahead and organizes activities to stay on top of personal workload and team needs
- Initiative – Seeks out new opportunities to contribute. Pushes the envelope, raises the bar. Treat each task as an opportunity to excel
- Ownership – Is totally committed to the success of the team and the company. Sees the success of his/her team as a reflection of self
- Primarily based in DPR’s Reston VA Regional Office
DPR Constructions benefits are designed to provide a comprehensive, balanced, and competitive package. Our benefits program addresses both the immediate and long-term needs that you and your family may have. Benefits are effective on date of hire. The following is a summary of what DPR offers.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance/Wellness Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- 401 (k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Phantom Stock-Equity Participation
- Personal Time Off
For more information, go to
Contact: Hrishi Maha
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé.