Location: Fort Worth, TX
DPR Construction is seeking a Cost Control Project Manager with primary responsibilities for Cost and Change Management. This position requires a minimum of at least 8+ years of commercial or industrial construction experience for our Facebook Data Center project in Fort Worth, Texas.
The Project Team offers a fun, yet challenging work environment along with the tools to build a Best-In-Class Data Center for one of the most forward thinking companies in the world. Facebook extends their company culture to the jobsite working alongside the DPR Team.
This individual will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the optimum setup cost tracking numbers in CMiC to facilitate the creation of client billings and tacking of budgets, change orders, committed &actual costs
- Create and maintain the integrity of budgets, change orders, quantities, units, man-hours in CMiC
- Collecting all relevant data required to facilitate the development of the Monthly Status Report (MSR)
- Aggregating subcontractor GMP cost data for purposes of weekly reporting for the purposes of analyzing, evaluating and forecasting project cost and variances
- Establishing non-recoverable budget and tracks, reports and analyzes actual cost versus the budget
- Investigation of variances between estimated, committed, and actual amounts and recommends solutions or recovery plans
- Measures progress and reviews sub-contract invoices of contractors to provide independent judgement for progress reporting and payment
- Working with the project scheduler on the modeling of project cost to ensure alignment of forecasts and time phased projections to the execution of the work
- Audit earned value management database and Primavera to ensure accuracy of both
- Reviews purchase orders and subcontract commitments and expenditures in the project controls system
- Assist in the development of value awareness/value engineering initiatives
- Performing cost sampling and analysis to validate or modify cost forecasts
- Performing Risk and Contingency Management activities
- Preparing weekly cost summary report, including production and performance metrics, for DPR project manager
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Experience managing resource loaded schedules, cost would be a plus.
- Experience in construction of a variety of projects, with demonstrated knowledge of basic construction methods and organization.
- Experience organizing and presenting cost figures with both internal and external clients
- Power user experience utilizing CMiC
- An understanding of Risk and Contingency Management best practices
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills and the ability to train others.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in working with CMiC, p6 Primavera and in Microsoft Office Suite
- 5+ years of DPR experience or 8+ years with project controls experience on commercial or industrial projects
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
For reference, some of the software’s currently exercised and leveraged for the project include:
- Autodesk BIM 360 Glue – Virtual Coordination
- Autodesk BIM 360 Field - Quality and Commissioning
- CMiC for Project Management – Submittals, RFI’s, Change Orders, etc.
- Bluebeam Studio – Submittal Collaboration
- Primavera – CPM Scheduling
- BIM 360 Plan – Lean/Short Interval Planning
- Textura - Pay Applications
Contact: Angie Weyant
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé.