- Atlanta, Georgia
- Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
- Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Orlando, Florida
- Tampa, Florida
DPR Construction is seeking a Self-Perform Concrete Estimator with a minimum of at least 5+ years of commercial concrete construction experience for our Southeast region. This individual will be ultimately responsible for the day to day cost analysis, risk and business management of multiple projects.
Procurement and management will be of commercial concrete projects within our core markets: Healthcare, Advanced Technology, Biopharmaceutical and Corporate Office. Self-Perform Project Estimators will work closely with all members of the Self Perform Concrete Team, DPR GC Project Team, Subcontractors and Vendors, and will be responsible for the following:
- Engaging in preconstruction efforts for DPR Self-Perform Concrete scope of work.
- Weekly quantity update and 100% detailed knowledge of project scope
- Produce complete and detailed estimates for many different projects and contract types requiring attention to detail and extensive communication with the project teams.
- Create proposals with detailed specific clarifications, inclusions, and exclusions.
- Work diligently to assist with design and constructability reviews on projects currently in preconstruction.
- Read and interpret bid documents, construction plans, schedules and specifications.
- Provide constructability comments and creative construction alternatives. Attend architect and owner meetings for review of costs and ideas to bring projects in on budget.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while handling multiple project estimates.
- Track project data for historical productions and costs.
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics and skills:
- Must share DPR core values: Integrity, Enjoyment, Uniqueness, and being Ever Forward.
- Strong work ethic that delivers on promises.
- Must lead by example: accountability, reliability and organized.
- Team player that seeks and accepts performance feedback.
- Flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple estimates while consistently producing quality results and meeting deadlines.
- Experienced in estimating labor, materials, equipment, general conditions, and risk.
- Proficient in On Center Estimating Software: On-Screen Takeoff, Quick Bid, and DPC.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in Bluebeam
- Fundamentals on Change Management, including pricing and maintenance of a change order log.
- Complete understanding of cost estimating, budgeting and forecasting.
- Accountable for project completion and financials, Critical Success Factors, Customer Satisfaction Results.
- Assist Concrete Project Manager and Superintendent in project buyout and material procurement.
- Understanding of Owner Contracts in regards to SPW.
- Compile project turnover binders for all projects.
- Review and process submittals and shop drawings.
- SPW MSR monthly updates.
- Maintain project documents and distribute to project teams.
- Participate in project job walks.
- Review and assist the Superintendent in development of project schedules and 3 week schedules.
- Assist with monthly hours and labor projections.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Ability to create and support team morale
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management software (Prolog or similar), Accounting cost management software (CMIC or similar), and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- 5+ years of experience as a Construction Estimator within Concrete Construction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management of Engineering or related field (not required).
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
Contact: DPR Southeast Careers
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé.