The project consists of a 2 1/2 story building totaling 17,898-sq.-ft. The project is divided into three sections:
- Basement - consists of offices, mechanical rooms and storage areas.
- First Floor - consists of a large “Rehearsal Hall Room”, office, storage and multipurpose room.
- Second Floor - consists of mechanical areas.
The Rehearsal Hall includes a large rehearsal room sized to accommodate 250 musicians, band offices, and support spaces. The exterior materials palette is primarily brick and glass with a copper-clad standing-seam roof. The rehearsal room has an extensive glass window area facing the Arts Commons, which floods the rehearsal space with natural light and allow visibility from the exterior.
DPR's Self-Perform Group completed the concrete work.
The UVA Rehearsal hall is targeting LEED-NC Silver certficication.
Sustainability features include:
- Public transportation access
- Water efficiency reduced by 50%
- Optimize energy performance by 21%
- Divert 75% of construction waste
- Low-emmitting materials used to promote indoor environmental quality
- 75% of the indoor space will receive daylight