DPR has recently broken ground on the Shriners for Children Medical Center project. The Medical Center will include an ambulatory surgical center, clinical, diagnostic, outpatient surgery and rehabilitation units, which will help bring exceptional specialty pediatric care to millions of children and families in the greater Pasadena area and across the Southwest, regardless of the families’ ability to pay.
The project will be a new 75,000-sq.-ft. state-of-the-art specialty outpatient medical center with three levels above ground and three levels of subterranean parking with 250 stalls. The project will also feature green roof terraces.
“DPR Construction’s vision for the project is to construct a sustainable, innovative and technologically advanced outpatient medical facility that helps our customer transform children’s lives through exceptional healthcare”, Ron Rendina, Director of Healthcare for DPR Construction, Southern California.
- Natural lighting with skylights and a light well
- Automated sun control devices
- On-site water retention basin
- PVC roofing with high SRI value
- Recycling 50% of construction waste
- Bicycle storage areas with showers nearby
- Project is located on a previously developed lot
- Water use reduction by 30%
- LED lighting
- Low VOC paints
- MEP Coordination – BIM Level 3
- Clash Detection – Site Logistics & Planning Model