The Nielsen Company headquarters campus is located on 39 acres in the middle of a natural preserve. The company’s goal was to consolidate over 900 employees from various satellite offices in Pinellas County into one, new, highly-efficient facility. The phased site includes six unique buildings, each custom built with specific requirements designed to meet the highly technical needs of The Nielsen Company.
Phase I included five buildings:
- Building "B” is a 45,000-sq.-ft., four-story building that houses Nielsen's technical facility, designed to withstand a category 5 hurricane. At first glance, the building resembles a giant computer punch card.
- Building "C” is a 268,000-sq.-ft., four-story building that is over 700 ft. long. Its primary function is support office and conference room space. Because it is so long, sections of the floor are color coded to give the users a "landmark" on each of the 70,000-sq.-ft. floors.
- Building "D” is a 41,000-sq.-ft., three-story building with double loading dock bays. The lower floors accommodate "facility support" such as mail rooms and storage. The upper floors have additional office space and training rooms.
- Building "E" is a 16,000 SF, single story amenities building. The building is all glass on three sides that overlooks a brick paver courtyard to the north, lake and preserve to the east, and a large open courtyard with a Bermuda lawn to the south. The company's full service cafeteria abuts this area, taking full advantage of the view of the preserve.
- Building "F" is a 16,000 SF, two-story Central Plant with a large mechanical yard. This building houses two 750-ton water-cooled chillers, four 350-ton air-cooled chillers, and three cooling towers. In addition to the mechanical equipment, there are four back-up generators. Keeping this building up and running is critical requiring it be built with redundancy times two.
Phase II included Building "A" - a four-story, 138,000-sq.-ft. office building plus additional tenant improvements in existing buildings (Building B and C) along with a 146,832-sq.-ft., 600-space, three-level parking deck.