Conversion of a 300,000-sq.-ft. warehouse into a Tier III data center, each phase of this two phase project, consisted of 60,000 sq. ft. of raised floor at 150 watts/sf density with Rotary UPS, modular chilled water plants, and 7.5MW of day one critical power.
Several value added services were performed for this client including:
- A site search covering 11 states, 30 communities and 50 specific sites
- Negotiation of an incentive package, including utility and infrastructure extensions and grants, enterprise zone tax credits and other incentives to assist this large client to locate in Nebraska
- Due diligence of the selected site and all associated infrastructure
- Coordination of all utility and infrastructure needs with the applicable state entities
- Iinterview, recommendation, selection and management of all specialty consultants covering air emissions, water emissions, water use, groundwater (well) and environmental permits
This unique building configuration provides the client with a ‘quicker to market' solution and lower day one capital costs.
- Developed economical mechanical and electrical systems that have the least amount of impact on the existing building structure avoiding costly reinforcement of the existing structure and a longer schedule.
- Constructing the exterior foundations and underground site utilities during the winter.
- Sequencing the delivery of major pieces of outside mechanical and electrical equipment with the exterior work due to tight sight constraints.
- Developing economical construction solutions to get the major pieces of outside mechanical and electrical equipment above the 500 year flood plain.
- Utilized the undeveloped warehouse space to pre-fabricate mechanical and electrical utilities for server racks for quick installation. Quality control and production was greatly improved due to “shop fabrication” in lieu of “field fabrication” techniques.
- Utilized very detailed field coordinated BIM technology cad drawings to maintain high level of quality control between all trades improving quality and production.
The project achieved LEED-NC certification.