Location: Washington, D.C.
Construction Superintendent with a minimum of 15 years of experience leading architecturally significant projects housing museum and/or collections environments.
Superintendents will work closely with all members of the project team and supervise all craft employees and will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee, manage, and mentor Project Superintendents and Assistant Superintendents
- Create construction schedules, perform regular updates, monitor logic relationships, and insert new activities and impacts
- Coordinate jobsite logistics and maintain relationships with neighboring occupants.
- Negotiate with Authorities Having Jurisdiction to achieve project occupancy milestones
- Lead DPR’s Injury-Free Environment (IFE) Safety Program
- Coordinate subcontractor work scopes, scheduling, and resource-loading in conjunction with DPR’s Self-Performed Work crews
- Foster the development of foreman to grow into future superintendents
- Professionally represent DPR Field Operations as primary interface with Owner and Design Team
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Effective participation in team environment
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management software (Prolog or similar), and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar)
- 10+ years of experience as a Commercial Construction Superintendent, preferably within DPR’s Core Market projects
- Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé.