DPR Construction is seeking a Project Engineer with a minimum of at least 5+ years of commercial construction experience for our San Francisco Bay Area region.
Project Engineering will be on commercial projects within our core markets: Healthcare, Advanced Technology, Biopharmaceutical, Higher Education and Corporate Office. Project Engineers will work closely with all members of the project team and will be responsible for the following:
- Working knowledge of contract with Owner
- Working knowledge of subcontracts with trade contractors
- Prepare work scopes and organize cost structure
- Prepare, monitor and update Master Schedule
- Prepare rolling schedule
- Document impacts to project.
- Identify and formalize changes in the project
- Distribute change documents to all affected parties, issue and expedite requests for quotations to subcontractors and vendors, and review quotes for fairness and accuracy.
- Prepare estimate of DPR’s change order work.
- Assemble and submit complete, accurate change request in accordance with owner contact requirements. Expedite approval of change orders.
- Assemble and notify all parties of approved change orders in accordance with owner contract requirements.
- Write subcontractors’ change orders.
Weekly Construction Meetings
- Prepare agenda and documents for distribution such as schedules and logs, take and distribute minutes at Owner/Architect meeting, Subcontractor meeting, Staff meeting and other meetings.
- Follow through on action items.
Participate in and apply DPR’s Environmental Health and Safety Plan to constantly maintain Injury-Free Environments.
- Assist Superintendent and Project Manager in the implementation of DPR policies and the execution of the project
- Organize the duties of other engineers, Field Office Coordinator, Project Accountant and other assigned project staff, provide direction, prioritization, performance feedback and coordination to ensure all job duties and project requirements are fulfilled
- Financial Reports – Assist Project manger in:
- Keep all cost, commitment and projection information current in the company job costing system.
- Preparing monthly progress reports by incorporating all new subcontract amounts, material purchases costs to date and change orders.
- Preparing monthly fee and cost status reports.
- Prepare Owner billing by assembling DPR costs, receiving and reviewing subcontractor invoices and organizing the documents in accordance with the Owner’s requirements. Expediting monthly payment from Owner.
Prepare and monitor labor costs reports and job diary including:
- Daily site tour.
- Evaluation of construction activities.
- Prepare and monitor equipment and material coding logs
- Update record drawings.
- Monitor testing and inspection record and reports
- Maintain submittal log
- Monitor safety inspection and accident logs and reports
- Record building permit inspections and sign offs.
- Anticipate and record official notices: Beneficial Occupancy, Substantial Completion, Certificate of Occupancy, Notice of Completion, Warranties/Guarantees.
- Maintain request for information log and post RFI responses on record drawings.
- Distribute new drawings, changes, approved submittals, RFI responses and other project information to all affected parties
- Act as Purchasing Agent under Superintendent’s and Project Manager’s direction.
- Schedule and expedite material, equipment purchases and delivery
- Identify and expedite long lead subcontract items
- Schedule and expedite submittals of shop drawings, samples, and supplier data for timely approval
- Schedule subcontractor work and ensure subs are ready on schedule
- Prepare General Contractor “Shop Drawings” such as concrete forms and wall frame detailing under direction of Superintendent for use by DPR crews or subs.
- Participate in job layout. Verify elevations and dimensions.
- Review all subcontractor and vendor shop drawings, product data, samples, manuals, etc. for all compliance with contact documents and coordination with all other items of work
- Seek and study problems, conflicts, incomplete or ambiguous design information and any other questions/issues presented by subs, vendors, designers, DPR crews and staff or others. Resolve all promptly including, when necessary, interfacing with designers, engineers or the Owner. Document solutions using RFI. Distribute to all affected parties
- Mentoring and training of summer interns.
- Flexible and fast-paced growth track to Project Manager or Superintendent or Preconstruction.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Effective participation in team environment
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management software (Prolog or similar), and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Engineer, preferably within DPR’s Core Market projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management of Engineering or related field.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé.