Location: Dallas, Texas
DPR Construction is seeking a Project Accountant with at least 5+ years of commercial construction accounting for our Dallas region. This individual will be ultimately responsible for the day to day accounting of project financials.
As an integral member of this dynamic office, the ideal candidate for this position exemplifies DPR’s four core values- integrity, uniqueness, enjoyment and ever-forward. Project accountants work closely with all members of the project team (Project Managers, Engineers, Superintendents, and Field Office Coordinators.
Responsibilities include but is not limited to the following:
- Preparing monthly owner draws via CMIC Job Cost billing with knowledge of G702 & G703 application and certificate of payments
- Provide job controls and review accounts payable from entry to check processing
- Creation and analysis of financial reports providing backup for Manager and Controller
- Journal entries and job costs for the projects
- Assist with monthly general ledger maintenance and make necessary month-end adjustments
- Assist with strategic planning/forecasting of project financials
- Cash management and reporting
- Assist with project audits
- Support operations staff
- Risk Management of all NTOs, waivers & release of lien documents
- Review owner contracts to understand accounting requirements
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues & work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work as a team player and independently
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (advanced excel skills) & Accounting cost management software (CMIC)
- 5+ years of experience as an accountant within the construction industry
- Previous experience in Project Management Experience (CMIC PM) and Textura a must
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Requires regular attendance - Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé.