DPR Construction is seeking a Senior Estimator with at least 8+ years of commercial construction experience for our Bay Area region.
Estimators will work primarily on negotiated commercial projects within our core markets: Healthcare, Advanced Technology, Higher Education, Life Sciences and Corporate Office. Senior Estimators will work closely with Architects, Engineers, Owners, and Subcontractors and are required to have the following skills:
- Must have significant experience preparing detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or feasibility level documentation.
- Must have expert knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction cost.
- Ability to prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific clarifications and comprehensive bid packages.
- Must have experience in writing and negotiating subcontracts and lump sum and GMP bidding projects.
- Can lead the preparation and presentation of cost / budget information to the Customer / Owner.
- Ability to understand and negotiate SPW work.
- Can lead and facilitate Value Engineering sessions with the project team and design team.
- Is a key participant and has experience being a lead member of the team involved in Request for Proposal Responses (RFP’s) and the formal presentation for a project.
- Must have the ability to develop business with new and existing customers.
- Must be familiar with reviewing Construction Contracts and be able to identify key insurance and damages clauses.
- Is able to lead, manage and motivate project teams during the preconstruction phase of a project.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Effective participation in team environment
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Estimating Software (WinEst or similar), Project Management software (Prolog or similar), and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- 8+ years of experience as a Commercial Construction Estimator preferably within DPR’s Core Market projects.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé.