Locations: Newport Beach, California / Pasadena, California
DPR Construction is seeking a Drywall Estimator to work within our Self-Perform Drywall group. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years’ experience in commercial construction, specifically specializing in metal framing and drywall. Experience with projects in our core markets of Healthcare, Advanced Technology, Biopharmaceutical, Corporate Office and Higher Education is a plus.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Engage in preconstruction efforts for DPR Self-Perform Drywall scope of work.
- Produce complete and detailed estimates for many different project and contract types, each requiring unique attention to details and extensive communication with the project teams.
- Create proposals with detailed specific clarifications, inclusions and exclusions.
- Read and interpret bid documents, construction plans, schedules and specifications.
- Provide constructability comments and creative construction alternate details. Attend architect and owner meetings for review of costs and ideas to bring projects in on budgets.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while handling multiple project estimates.
- Track project data for historical productions and costs.
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics and skills:
- Must share DPR core values: Integrity, Enjoyment, Uniqueness, and being Ever Forward.
- Strong work ethic that delivers on promises.
- Must lead by example: accountability, reliability and organized.
- Team player that seeks and accepts performance feedback.
- Flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple estimates while consistently producing quality results and meeting deadlines.
- Solid understanding of metal framing/drywall construction, processes, systems and codes.
- Experienced in estimating labor, materials, equipment, general conditions, and risk.
- Proficient in On Center Estimating Software: On-Screen Takeoff, Quick Bid, and DPC.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in Bluebeam
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé.