Location: San Francisco, California
DPR Construction is seeking an Estimator with at least 5+ years of commercial construction experience for our San Francisco (Bay Area), California region.
Estimators will work primarily on negotiated commercial projects within our core markets: Healthcare, Advanced Technology, Biopharmaceutical and Corporate Office. Estimators will work closely with Architects, Engineers, Owners, and Subcontractors and are required to have the following skills:
- Must have experience preparing detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or feasibility level documentation.
- Ability to prepare detailed estimate updates, as the design evolves, including preparing variance summaries between estimates.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction cost.
- Ability to prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific clarifications and comprehensive bid packages.
- Must have experience writing and negotiating subcontracts.
- Must be prepared to participate and often lead the preparation and presentation of cost / budget information to the Customer / Owner.
- Willingness and desire to actively participate in Value Engineering sessions with the project team and design team.
- Must have experience being a member of the team involved in Request for Proposal Responses (RFP’s) and the formal presentation for a project.
- Has the ability to develop business with new and existing Customers.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Effective participation in team environment
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Estimating software (Timberline or similar), Project Management software (Prolog or similar), and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- 5+ years of experience as a Commercial Construction Estimator, preferably within DPR’s Core Market projects.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé. If you prefer to send a hard copy of your cover letter and resumé, you can also submit by fax to 650-474-2571 or by post to a DPR Office.