Location: Redwood City, California
BIM Project Lead (Job # RWC.B.02)
Location: Redwood City, California
DPR Construction is seeking a BIM Project Lead (Civil Engineer) for our San Francisco Bay Area region, based at the DPR office in Redwood City, CA. May work at DPR offices and project sites in San Francisco Bay Area (San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Marin, Alameda, Contra Costa, Napa, Sonoma, and Solano counties).
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the BIM Project Lead (Civil Engineer) assists in the planning, design and oversight of commercial construction projects. Utilizing engineering principles and knowledge of commercial construction best practices, is responsible for the oversight of all Building Information Modeling (BIM) processes on a commercial construction job site. Works closely with BIM Engineers to ensure ongoing professional development while providing guidance and training for all team members onsite. Maintains competency of BIM and project software through ongoing use and training, and takes responsibility for executing BIM processes, such as trade coordination, as projects require. Other duties:
- Oversee and lead BIM projects from conception to completion;
- Review RFPs and contracts for BIM requirements;
- Identify, analyze and mitigate BIM risks;
- Create, maintain and execute project BIM execution plan;
- Create and maintain BIM budgets and schedules;
- Coordinate construction sequencing and scheduling activities and assure they aligned with BIM expectations, processes and deliverables;
- Ensure all project team members are competent in the use of BIM in their role;
- Provide quality control for completeness and adherence to project BIM execution plan;
- Serve as main point of contact for BIM and related issues between DPR, subcontractors, clients, design teams and others as required;
- Ensure model is maintained and utilized throughout the construction process delivering a final as-built model;
- Communicate regularly with other BIM Lead Engineers and Technology Integration Leads regarding processes, lessons learned and innovation;
- Ensure model quality meets or exceeds standards set by DPR’s Technology and Innovation Group;
- Participate in best practice and lessons learned workshops, reporting findings to regional management;
- Engage in industry outreach/monitoring; document and communicate industry trends.
The successful candidate will possess:
MS in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, or closely related field; and 3 years of experience in job offered or a civil engineering position in the commercial construction industry. In the alternative, the successful candidate will possess a BS Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering or related, plus 5 years of post-baccalaureate, progressive experience in job offered or a civil engineering position in the commercial construction industry.
Special Skills Requirements:
2 years of experience with the following:
- Working with BIM (Building Information Modeling) in commercial construction industry;
- Construction processes: pre-con, operations, scheduling, and estimating;
- Common building systems including mechanical wet/dry, plumbing, electrical, fire protection and interior framing;
- Common BIM processes including model authoring, design coordination, trade coordination and change management;
- Autodesk Navisworks;
- Autodesk Revit;
- BlueBeam Revu;
- CMiC PM;
- Microsoft Word, or similar;
- Microsoft Excel, or similar.
Contact: DPR Human Resources ([email protected]), or submit resume below. Applicants must reference Job # RWC.B.02.
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé.